Under the sea cake decorating party melbourne.

I was asked by a law firm in the city to come up with a cake decorating activity for their annual children's party day.  I was actually the last activity they were able to attend during the day.
The very lucky children had a trip to Collingwood Children's Farm and various other activities first.

The challenge I was faced with was to select a theme that was suitable for very young children, as well as the older ones. It also had to be a cake decorating activity that could be enjoyed by both boys and girls. So, this is how the "Under the Sea" themed workshop came about.

I had to cater for 26 children in total. The ages of the children ranged from 3 to 12 years old. Normally I have a limit of 15 children for cupcake parties, as I need to have enough time to spend with each person.  However there were a few helpers and parents that stayed to help the smaller children. It was still large number of children though.

I was a little surprised to learn that the children wouldn't all be arriving at the same time. Instead they arrived in little groups. As soon as I had a large enough group, I started with the easiest cupcake, which was the star fish.  We worked the way through each cup cake, step by step.


As new children arrived, we went over the steps again. Some of the children were quite happy to do their own thing though and if they needed any help, I was able to assist. As long as they were enjoying themselves I was happy. So along with octopus, crabs, star fish and sharks, we had a collection of all sorts of things- including a Loch Ness Monster.
To find out more about our cake decorating classes, please click here.
or you can see the review written by this organisation,  here