My Favourite Cake

I had so much fun designing and creating Ava's Cake. This was both her First Birthday Cake and her Christening.
 The cake was designed to coordinate with  all the handmade items her mum made for the celebration. These included handmade invitations, favours for the tables and the decorations that were used at the venue.
The cake is Chocolate mud with ganache and fondant icing. The celebration lunch was held at the Eastern golf Club in Doncaster, with glorious views out on to the greens.
Below are the lovely photos and the very nice review I received from Ava's mother, Chris.


Hi Melissa

Thank you so so much for your hard work. Everyone commented on the cake. I'm eating a slice as I type (my 5th slice - 100% fat free didn't you say?). The cake turned out perfect! Even the chef at the Club commented on how soft it was to cut. He said it was one of the best made cakes he had seen in ages. He has left me the top tier and yes the little flower on top was just right! I just want to thank you once again. You will definitely hear from me again, plus all my family and friends now have your details too!!

Cheers
Chris xx