1/2 cup of pecan nuts, toasted and chopped.
125 grams of unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup of caster sugar
1/2 cup of Buderium Naked Ginger, chopped.1 cup of plain flour
1/2 cup SR flour
About 1 tablespoon of milk (if needed)
1. Preheat oven to 160c
2. Spread the pecan nuts onto a lined baking tray
3. Toast the nuts in the oven for 3 minutes
4 Once the nuts are toasted remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. Beat the butter and the sugar until light creamy.
6. Cut up the Ginger and pecan nuts. Add them to the creamed butter.
7. In a second bowl measure and sift the dry ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix using a knife, until a dough forms. If the mixture is still a little crumbly when you have finished mixing in the flour, add a little milk.
8. Use cookie cutters to cut the shortbread into shapes. Place similar sized shapes together and bake for around 15-20 minutes until slightly golden.