Removing cakes from unusual cake tins






I had a request for a bit of help getting cakes out of cake tins.
Most of the time I used standard 3 inch tins in either round or square.
I usually spray these tins with a little non stick spray and then line with baking paper.


When I made Sabine's Cake, I also used the dolly varden tin.
 This tin is shaped a bit like a cone and is used to make the skirt of the doll cake. I did not use baking paper in this tin. First I greased the tin with vegetable fat, then I dusted cocoa over the surface as I was making chocolate cake. If you were using the tin for a butter cake or pound cake you would use flour not cocoa.
When I made Dominic's Castle cake, I used the non- stick spray and the cake came out fine.

Finally, Jessica and Dominic have just used a silicone pan to make bug cupcakes. I had never used one of these before, but I just gave then a light spray of non-stick spray before the children filled them and they came out easily, with just a little gentle rocking. So that was great.  I will post some photos of their cakes soon!





Bye for now!

5 comments :

Kim - A Creative Spirit said...

Thanks for the tips... you always have great ideas and are willing to share.

Heather Pranitis said...

Thanks for sharing!

Toyin O. said...

You are so creative!

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Karissa said...

thanks!

Andrewgede said...

hi, I just wanted to say how much i enjoy reading your blog. in a world full of spin, it's nice to get some fact-based analysis. keep up the good work.
cake tins

Post a Comment

Please leave any cake related comments or questions here.