Vickie's Elegant Birthday Cake is finished!

When Vickie Burkinshaw approached me to make her Birthday cake, I must admit I was both little nervous and rather excited. Vickie is the General Manager of Bizness Babes. The program which I have just recently graduated from. So being the first cake I have produced for one of my mentors, I was eager to do a great job.
 
Vickie sent me her invitation, and left it up to me to design the cake from there.
 The theme for the party was Black and Purple. A night time event, with rooms dimly lit, I thought it might be nice to add a bit of white.


I thought it would be nice to make the cake look like a whole pile of presents placed on top of one another. So this is, a black bow made out of icing for the top of the cake.
 

Vickie's cake was a dark choclate mud cake with ganache icing all cover in fondant.  Here they are all the lined up, ready to be stacked



Vickie was nice enough to write me a testimonial, and this is what she had to say:
"I was thrilled that Elegant Cakes and Party Dates could make my cake for my Birthday party. I left the design up to Melissa giving her the theme from my party invitation. I wanted a surprise and I was so pleased when she revealed the cake in the box - it was magnificent! I had not expected such a marvellous cake. Not only did it look amazing but it tasted delicious as well. A very moist chocolate mud that we were happy to snack on for days after (not that there was much left!) Thanks for taking such good care of me on my Birthday it was one less thing to worry about."

Thanks very much  to Vickie for that lovely review.
I was so happy and honoured to make the cake and contribute to your special day.