Decorating parties-Costs & Facts
Cake decorating parties- Themes
Tutorials & Recipes
Ginger Pecan Shapes
For the Shortbread you will need:
1/2 cup of pecan nuts, toasted and chopped.
125 grams of unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup of caster sugar
1/2 cup of Buderium Naked Ginger, chopped.
1 cup of plain flour
1/2 cup SR flour
About 1 tablespoon of milk (if needed)
1.Wash your hands, then turn the oven on to 160c
2. Spread the 1/2 a cup of pecan nuts onto a lined baking tray.
3. Place in the oven and set the timer for 3 minutes.
4. When it beeps use a pot holder to take out the tray and leave the pecan nuts until they cool.
5. Weigh the 125 grams of butter and place in a bowl
6. Measure 1/3 cup of caster sugar and place in the bowl with the butter. Mix until light and creamy.
7. Cut up the cooled pecan nuts and 1/2 a cup of Ginger.
Stir them in to the creamed butter.
9. Measure 1 cup of flour and 1/2 a cup of rice flour and sift into the bowl, mix with a knife until the mixture all sicks together. Add a little milk if needed
10. Use cookie cutters to cut the shortbread into shapes. Place similar sized shapes together.
12. Bake for around 15-20 minutes until slightly golden on the bottom.