Banana Cake sweetened with Honey

Today I decided I wanted to make a banana cake.  I had a whole lot of bananas in the cupboard that were getting to the over ripe stage and are just perfect for making cakes with. However, I soon discovered that I was down to my last dregs of both brown sugar and caster sugar. Not to be deterred, I searched around for a substitute. The result was a delicious Banana Honey Cake. Here's the recipe:



 160 grams of unsalted butter (warmed to room temperature)
60 grams of CRS dark brown sugar
100 grams of Honey
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger (this is optional)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
one cup of mashed banana made from 3 bananas
2 eggs (warmed to room temperature)
225 grams of plain flour
3 tablespoons of cornflour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of milk

Method:
Preheat the oven to 160c fan forced, or 320f
Line a 6inch round baking tin with baking paper or non-stick cooking spray
Measure the plain flour, corn flour and baking powder into a bowl, sift and set aside.
Use a mixer to cream together the honey, sugar and the softened butter,spices, salt and vanilla. It will take about 5 minutes
Slowly add eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between. Turn off mixer. Stir in the banana and the milk
In three batches fold the flour in to the mixture
Tip into lined baking pan and smooth top wit the back of a spoon.
Bake at 160c for about 50minutes. I checked it after 20 minutes. You might want to cover the top loosely with foil at this point. Once the cake is baked, allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Keeping it simple today, so no icing with this cake. I think it would be lovely with a big dollop of whipped cream. The Verdict: The cake is lovely and moist. Reminds me a bit of banana smoothie. Jessica and Dominic finished in a hurry and wanted to know when they could have some more!
.