An Elegant Wedding

I though it might be nice to share some of the stories behind the cakes I have made.
Below is the Wedding Cake I made for my sister and her husband. The cake was published in Australia Sugar Craft magazine. 

I handmade all  the figurines on the cake using gumpaste. The Gumpaste is quite easy to work with and sets very hard. Cake chalks and dusts were used to add detail  to the clothing and make the gumpaste look like fabric.
The wedding cake was three tiers of Brandy Fruit Cake.  The fodant on the lower tier was decorated with brush embrobery  roses. Hearts and flowers were piped on the other tiers.
 The heart separating the cakes is a candle holder. It was a simple and elegant way to add height to the cake.

Renee and Scott were married at Ballara Recptions in Eltham. The garden there is lovely!
 The Wedding reception was celebrated at Mercer's Restaurant.

Below: Cover of the Magazine
and Pictures of my cake 
as seen on page 20
of Australian Sugar Craft
Vol. 18 No 4